At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
RMO Sputter Equipment Engineering team – Be responsible to engineer solutions in the field of mechanical, electrical/electronics, PLC, software & controls, and advanced analytic system, and provide technical & engineering support to enhance ultra-high vacuum (UHV) sputter machines with upgrades to improve OEE, unscheduled/scheduled downtime, operations, process capabilities, indirect material (IDM)/hardware/consumables cost reduction, productivity, new product conversion requirements & readiness, media performance and defects reduction.
About the role - you will:
- Develop and maintain the smart sputter maintenance system, a cornerstone of the smart sputter ecosystem.
- The system auto performs sputter PM planning, quality control, and OEE deep dive.
- To continue the development of "SIT" (Sputter Intelligent Technician) to automate the PM tasks that can be automated, improving HPU (Headcount per Unit) and OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency).
- Continue refining sputter machine KPIV (Key Process Input Variables) anomaly monitoring system for optimized HAMR and PMR product configuration.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams – Equipment, Process, Launch, Maintenance, IT
- Innovative, Integrity, Inclusion
- Strong intra-cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and working with multiple priorities
- Strong team player, collaborative approach and resourceful
- Result-oriented, meticulous, and able to work independently
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills
- Relationship builder with strong stakeholder management abilities
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor’s in computer science engineering or any relevant fields
- Knowledge in:
- Python / R Language / C++ / C# programming
- MySQL / Postgres Database
- Experience in using Tableau
- Working in a high-tech environment preferred
- Using proven ability to affect change, provide superior support and be willing to collaborate with colleagues and work on a productive team
- Knowledge of Thin Film / PVD / CVD / Etch / Ion Beam / Ion Implantation / Ultra-High Vacuum tool is an added advantage.
Our Woodlands site is one of the largest electronics manufacturing sites in Singapore. housing our recording media operations. Spread over three sites, it is easily accessible via bus or from the MRT station, with many employees taking mass-transportation to work. Here at work you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at our on-site canteen and coffee shop. We offer a range of facilities including an in-house gym and dance studio, as well as after-work badminton and table tennis competitions. On-site celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Related Job Searches:
Sputter Equipment Engineer, Software Controls (Grad Program)
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical