At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About Our Group
We report under the Materials Department. Our main role is to establish the Media Demand Plan to support the Drive MS (Master Schedule). It involves translating the Drive MS qty into Media quantities by products to derive the overall RMO Demand Plan (RDP). Thereafter, the factory planners will use this RDP to work out what it’s factory can produce to meet the RDP requirements, taking into consideration of all product’s yields, machines/tooling & materials’ constraints to establish the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
Once the MPS is published, respective factory personnel are to execute per the MPS to ensure continuous supply of Media to meet Drive MS requirements.
It is critical that Media Demands are correctly translated from the Drive MS Demand. As the planning files are using excel spreadsheets, we need enhancement to them for added checks & faster turnaround.
At the same time, it is critical to ensure RMO Inventory cost is kept within Budget. With the recent migration of Oracle to SAP system, the team has to relook into capturing & reporting the Inventory cost that is aligned to Finance reporting. This intern will help the Team on this area too.
About the Role – You will:
There are 3 projects aligned as follows:
- Develop a standard Media demand computation format for faster turn-around for the EBO/LRP process and what if scenarios
- Create SAP reports that capture the Inventory information that is aligned with Finance reports
- Organize all Inventory data & format them into spreadsheets for easy reference & reporting
- Good with numbers & analytically skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel software is essential as all planning templates are using excel spreadsheets.
- Comfortable working with people to get the job done. Teamwork is essential.
- Application knowledge on Microsoft programs is a MUST.
Your Experience Includes:
- Create working templates using Microsoft Excel, involving link files, formulae, setting criteria, pivot tables, v-look up
- Create tables, charts using Microsoft Excel
- Create workflows using powerpoint
- Presentation skills
Our Woodlands site is one of the largest electronics manufacturing sites in Singapore, housing our recording media operations. Spread over three sites, it is easily accessible via bus or from the MRT Station, with many employees taking mass transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Here at work, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at our onsite canteen and coffee shop. We offer a range of facilities including an in-house gym and dance studio, as well as after-work badminton and table tennis competitions. On-site celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Job Searches:
Logistics / Supply Chain / Transport
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical