At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
Seagate Research Group (SRG) conducts research to transform Seagate’s considerable technical expertise, innovation, and manufacturing excellence to develop innovative technologies for the rapidly growing datasphere.
SRG’s Software and Applied AI Research section conduct research in applying Machine Learning for Seagate advance project, products, and processes. We use State-of-the-Art ML methods to develop applications and Proof-of-Concepts. Our projects include applying ML in the following areas - Video Surveillance, Predictive Maintenance for HDD, optimizing data storage solution, Sensor-fusion for Augmented Reality and more.
About the role: – you will:
- Support Implementation Machine Learning Algorithm on one or more of the following Project(s)/Product(s)
- Ensemble Video and NLP Neural Networked based for Surveillance Applications
- Predictive Analytics for HDD applications
- Optimize data flow throughput for Storage Solutions
- Solutions for AI at the edge
- Support AI-Workload profiling and analysis
- Apply neural network compression techniques.
- Edge AI Applications
- Self-motivated and independent learner
- Strong Mathematical Foundation (linear algebra, statistics, optimization, calculus)
- Understanding of Machine Learning / Deep Learning and the existing frameworks such as Tensorflow and/or PyTorch
- Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement ML
- Up to date knowledge on latest ML development/trends:
- Generative AI, Transformer, GPT, GAN, Autoencoder, Diffusion AI
- Can-do attitude, willing to learn and perpetually curious.
Your experience includes:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or other Engineering majors
- Good knowledge of general IT principles related to configuration changes, testing cycles and deployment strategies.
- Effective project management skills to drive HR and IT related configuration changes, interface changes and HR transformation projects.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Job Searches:
Intern – AI/ML
IT / Information Technology
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical