- Junior Buyer - Oils & Fats (1 Year Contract)
- Date Listed
- 03 Jan 2018
- Job Type
- Full-time / Permanent ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, Permanent
- Tanjong Pagar
- Allowance /
- $2,800 - 3,150 monthly
- Business / Management, Logistic / Supply Chain / Transportation, Product / Program / Project Management
- (All Inclusive / General)
- Company Profile
DANONE AT A GLANCE
Danone is a global company with an inspiring mission, "bringing health through food to as many people as possible".
With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative and empowering environment.
Fulfilling both personal growth and professional development is part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
- Job Description
This role involves the implementation of strategic sourcing plans that create partnerships between Danone and supplier(s) of choice. This involves an integrated, proactive approach with participation from appropriate members of various Country Business Units.
The Junior Buyer for Oils and Fats will be responsible for the implementation of market oriented global category sourcing and supplier management strategies to achieve competitive advantage through lowest purchase cost and value improvements consistent with the direction set by the business.
You will also be responsible to
·Develop expertise within the organization around oils and fats spend and the impacts of relevant governmental; technological; and economic changes that impact those markets.
· Monitor and report KPIs in performance areas including cost management, market & financial forecast accuracy, cash performance, service & quality and process improvements.
· Understand regional stakeholder requirements and implement the optimal strategy that delivers regional and global objectives.
· Implement market risk management program with central risk management team for Oils & Fats portfolios.
· Ensure business continuity through a proactive approach to potential crisis situation and that the global supplier base is capable of supplying Danone’s expectations in relationships to Quality, Service and Innovation and develop contingency strategies as required.
· Drive Contract management: Contract creation, modification and implementation to ensure alignment with category strategy and business continuity; Ensure contract creation and allocation is communicated to all stakeholders involved in the organization.
· Lead specific projects to increase the effectiveness of the global category team.
· Contract management
· Industry & Market Analysis
· Supplier Analysis
· Results orientation
· Internal Stakeholder Collaboration
· SC Project Management
· Spend and Demand Analysis
- University degree in Business, Operations/Logistics, Engineering, Science, procurement
- Relevant work experience is preferred, but fresh graduates are welcome.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills. English language is essential; ideally second and third language is an advantage.
- Quick adaptability to changes and new environment
- Ability to operate perform in a high pressure global environment
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail oriented.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously & to develop priorities.
- Excellent excel skills
- Singapore citizen/ PR only