T-Gaia is a listed company in Japan (Prime Section of Tokyo Stock Exchange) and it has the biggest market share in mobile phone distribution in Japan. T-Gaia also has a very strong presence in prepaid Gift Cards and Gift Codes market in Japan and it supplies products to around 60,000 outlets in Japan including major convenience store chains. T-Gaia established its subsidiary in Singapore in 2014 to expand its payment service business in Singapore and other Southeast Asia countries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive growth of prepaid Gift Cards market by leading relationships with top tier retail partners in Singapore. This role demands outstanding command skills, product knowledge and sales expertise with an ability to identify and influence business partners. This individual will also spend a good portion of time working with contents providers (Issuer of Gift Cards) and/or their agents. Creativity, analytic skill, good communication skill and persistence are also crucial to the success in this role. The individual may have the opportunity to support the expansion of the business in other Southeast Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Another responsibility of this position is to develop new businesses in Singapore. Some potential businesses are the distribution of Japanese goods, distribution of mobile phone accessories, development of e-commerce channels, development of digital-gifting market, customer loyalty management service, B2B gifting, etc.
Due to the limited human resources, this individual should have entrepreneurship, enjoy fast-moving/start-up atmosphere and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- 1+ years of strategic account management, sales, and marketing experience.
- Strong negotiation, creative and problem-solving skills with experience of navigating complex sales situations.
- Action-oriented, take ownership in projects, energetic person who is able to quickly build good relationships with customers and internal teams; and thrive in a fast-moving, start-up atmosphere.
- Basic set of business skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic accounting skill to manage the budget, basic IT skill.
- Must be very fluent in English in both speaking and writing (Chinese and Japanese will be a plus).
- Additional requirements: Independent, Team player, able to deal with ambiguity, drives for results, strong command skills, facilitation skills, sense of humor, high ethical standards.
- Eager to learn with an open-minded attitude will be advantageous
- Comfortable in managing a team.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.