- Data Science / Machine Learning Intern
- Date Listed
- 08 Jan 2019
- Job Type
- Freelance / Project, Internship / Contract, Part-time / Temporary ( Entry Level / Junior Executive, Experienced / Senior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start - Flexible End
32 Carpenter Street, Singapore (059911)
- Allowance /
- $600 - 1,500 monthly
- Information Technology
- Information and Communications Technology
- Company Profile
SixSense is a deep tech company started at Entrepreneur First Singapore (backed by SGInnovate and Linkedin founder, Reid Hoffman). We are building a manufacturing analytics platform using AI, Machine Learning and IoT Analytics to predict defects before they even happen. We want to build a future of smart factories where the world does not worry about warranty anymore.
- Job Description
We are looking for energetic interns who would love to be a part of the start-up ecosystem and learn how products and teams get built from the ground up. You will be solving some of the most challenging problems together with the founders of the company and have a great time learning new stuff!
What will you do:
- Work with huge volumes of sensor data to develop algorithms that handle missing values, outliers, anomalies, class imbalance problems etc.
- Extract essential features from time series data
- Research and implement ML algorithms by extending ML libraries and frameworks
- Measure prediction performances and fine-tune using test results
- Develop retraining models based on performance thresholds
Key skills that will help:
- Data manipulation and machine learning in Python (such as Numpy, Pandas and Sklearn)
- Work with AWS, Google TensorFlow and Github
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and data mining techniques (Regression, Boosting etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc) along with advantages/drawbacks
You will get hands-on experience on some of the most sort after skills in the field of Data Science. If working on cutting-edge technologies such as AI, Machine learning and IoT analytics is something that sounds incredibly exciting to you, please reach out!