At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
The successful candidate will be a part of the Seagate Supply Chain organization. We have the responsibility for sourcing, procuring, and delivering products and services that are utilized by Seagate and our customers. This encompasses all capital equipment to run the business, and all materials and services required to manufacture, test and distribute Seagate's full portfolio of disk drives to our customers worldwide.
We are looking for an outstanding personnel to join our team in supporting of our organization growth. In this role, you will be involved and responsible in managing contract manufacturers, by ensuring cost competitiveness and compliance with company standards. Seagate has a positive, diverse, and collaborative culture - we look for people who are curious, inventive, smart, hardworking, and work to be a little better every day.
This is an individual contributor role, reports to the Manager, Electronics Supply Chain, based in Singapore.
About the role – you will:
- What are the daily job duties? What is expected of the employee?
- Communicate regularly with suppliers to address queries and resolve issues
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure objectives are met
- Manage budgets and report to Finance regularly
- Manage operation capacity and capital equipment expenses
- Review and approve operational and rework cost charges
- Product cost analysis and negotiation
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills to provide effective support
- Attention to details to ensure that correct advice and support are delivered
- Ability to think creatively when producing ideas for problem solving
- Able to work independently, meticulous and strong team player
Your experience includes:
- Able to manage purchases and payments with meticulous record-keeping
- Provide superior support and willing to collaborate with colleagues and work on a productive team
Our Woodlands site is one of the largest electronics manufacturing sites in Singapore, housing our recording media operations. Spread over three sites, it is easily accessible via bus or from the MRT Station, with many employees taking mass transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Here at work, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at our onsite canteen and coffee shop. We offer a range of facilities including an in-house gym and dance studio, as well as after-work badminton and table tennis competitions. On-site celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Related Job Searches:
Supply Chain Planner (Intern) - PCBA
Logistics / Supply Chain / Transport
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical