At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About Our Group:
Seagate Research Group (SRG) conducts research to transform Seagate’s considerable technical expertise, innovation, and manufacturing excellence to develop innovative technologies for the rapidly growing datasphere.
SRG - Data Trust (DT) Vector focuses on increasing security & privacy capabilities to anchor Seagate as the industry leader of trustworthy storage solutions.
Currently DT team is seeking interns to assist research on exciting emerging biology related cryptographical and/or security technologies, e.g. securing DNA computing. This position offers a variety of opportunities to prototype, experiment and benchmark innovative ideas and concepts in projects.
About the Role – You will:
- The Intern will be involved in exciting projects involving proof of concepts for cryptographical and/or security systems.
- The successful candidate will work with the global team of Seagate Research in the area of DNA computing, security and applications.
- The Intern is expected to apply his/her knowledge to research on threat landscape and state of the art technologies to address the threats.
- 6-month internship duration preferred
- Courses Biological science and technology Biochemistry Computer Science /Information Systems & Analytics
- Good communication skills
- Good team player, Can-do attitude and willing to learn
Your Experience Includes:
- DNA computing/experimentation/exploration
- Cybersecurity or cryptography exposures Coding or Programming
You May Also Have:
- Knowledge on securing DNA computing Development in Linux environment
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Related Job Searches:
DNA Computing Security Analysis (Intern)
IT / Information Technology
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical