The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) is the steward of the City of Good vision for Singapore, where individuals, organisations, and leaders come together to give their best for others. Through our brands, programmes, and initiatives, we facilitate partnerships with non-profits, organisations, public sector bodies, and individuals to enliven the giving ecosystem within Singapore.
What we do:
- Research: We learn about giving motivations and behaviours
- Activation: We activate giving such as through national giving campaigns
- Connect and Convene: We connect and convene networks and build communities
- Honour and Recognition: We honour and recognise giving champions in Singapore
- Advocacy: We curate and celebrate stories about giving to inspire action
We invite you to join us in building a #CityofGood together. Visit us at www.cityofgood.sg
The Community Building Team looks at designing and implementing initiatives, programmes and events to support and nudge members in our network to build a community that would advance their organization’s giving journeys.
The key desired outcome of the team is to grow the members in our network, and to facilitate an environment where it is optimal for our members to design and build a community that is impactful and sustainable in the longer run.
- Revamp of our COG portal into an interactive platform which nudges our members to interact and collaborate
- Design and implementation of community building initiatives including the running of the Community series, online learning series, and casual get-togethers
- Help out with Heartland pays it forward initiative (HPiF)
- Other miscellaneous stuff and support duties as directed by supervisor
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience in managing social media platforms
- Interest in building a community
- Project/event management skills
- Students pursuing full time credit bearing internships are preferred*
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Social Assistance / Non-Profit
Pros: Good and supportive bosses in some teams; friendly people oriented culture; family oriented; meaningful work
Cons: Processes inefficiencies is deeply rooted;