- More Obvious Pte Ltd
- Product Engineer Intern (Mechanical Engineer)
- Date Listed
- 11 Jan 2018
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 2 Months
- Central Business District (CBD)
- Allowance /
- $400 - 900 monthly
- Engineering / Technician
- (All Inclusive / General)
- Company Profile
More Obvious is a Singaporean product design and development studio dedicated to the practice of meaningful design in the production of useful and enjoyable product experiences. More Obvious delves deep into the various meanings, interactions and semantics of a product type, exploring new possibilities in materials and form. Developing an appropriate and effective brand language and experienced mechanical and electrical engineering backing, we take development up to the point of scalable production. The net results are highly considered products with enduring and meaningful value.
- Job Description
You will be:
- Working in a small design studio on a varied range of different products
- Assisting in all stages of product development, from conceptual mechanical design to DFM stage and validation.
- Witnessing products evolve from ideas to mass production
- Getting hands-on with iterative prototyping and testing
Candidates are expected to have the following:
- Engineering, Production or Product Development background
- Fearless, inquisitive nature and the ability to discuss and develop ideas and concepts
- Unafraid to ask questions, raise concerns, disagree with the majority, and offer an opinion
- An ability to solve problems creatively yet practically.
- A desire to be challenged and to learn new skills
- A hands-on and immersive approach to product development
- A stickler for details
- Demonstrate strong technical skills: CAD - Solidworks is preferable, prototyping, and testing. Some knowledge of mass production techniques would be useful but not essential.
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and portfolio by emailing Sam directly.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.