Helpling is the number one online marketplace for home services outside of the US. Amongst its key investors are Rocket Internet, Mangrove Capital, Lakestar, Unilever and Accel Partners. It currently operates in 10 strategic markets: Australia, Germany, Italy, France, Ireland, UK, UAE, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Singapore.
The startup operates within the highly competitive on-demand home services sector. At Helpling, one member can make a huge impact, and it’s no different with our interns -- they are key players in our daily innovation.
As our Special Projects intern, you get the opportunity to see a project from conceptualisation to the execution. This is a once in a lifetime chance to be exposed to all functions of operations - whether it be Sales, Systems and Structures, Finance or People Management.
Our internship aims to expose you to the technology industry, as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional development. From being challenged, to collaborating with a team, join our team to make an impact.
What you will do
- Serve as a consultant to the Management team by working closely with the Managing Director to assess and anticipate the project’s development needs
- Be the project manager - fully responsible for the project assigned
- Plug into different Business Units (including Growth, Operations, Product, Data Analytics) to help accelerate where needed, including driving various growth and culture initiatives
- Support day-to-day finance operations.
- Provide support in new hire processes.
- Manage and conduct training programs to ensure smooth onboarding processes.
- Monitor and manage providers’ performance through positive employee engagement strategies
Who we are looking for
- Undergraduate degree/Diploma in any field (business related is a bonus)
- You have a structured way of working, logical thinking skills and an independent mind
- You have a proven track record of getting things done. You have a hands-on mentality and can prioritize your tasks effectively and efficiently
- You are a highly energetic, self-motivated and results-driven person who takes full ownership of your responsibilities
- You are comfortable with Excel and data analysis
- You are a fast learner and have a positive attitude