ABOUT HAWKSBURN GROUP
Founded in 2011 and based in Singapore, the Hawksburn Group (www.hawksburn.com) is a multi-family office platform comprising of a MAS Licensed fund management company (LFMC). We manage discretionary pools of capital for Ultra High Net Worth Individuals, Family offices and Institutions. We also provide a full suite of services that our clients may call upon to manage their life affairs ranging from accounting, corporate services and tax solutions to global visa and travel services. The Hawksburn Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong sense of work-life balance. The successful candidate will have meaningful exposure to global finance market investments both public and private, while interacting with a truly global client base represented by large family offices and ultra-high net worth individuals.
INVESTMENT & CLIENT SERVICING SPECIALIST (INTERNSHIP)
We are looking for an intellectually curious self-starter, with a passion for investments and financial markets, and an interest in servicing ultra-high-net worth individuals. The candidate will undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues. The successful candidate will study how an investment is likely to perform and how sustainable it is. You will participate in our sound portfolio-management strategy by providing the necessary data for our decision-making process. The candidate will also be heavily involved in the upkeep of clients’ asset portfolios.
Position: Internship opportunity with potential full-time conversion (3 to 6 months)
Working Hours : 5-day work week, Mondays to Fridays, from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm with the flexibility of WFH arrangements.
- Perform extensive due diligence on investment opportunities.
- Conduct detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis based on fund’s performance and exposure with an aim to measure against the index and its peers.
- Analyse investment memorandums which involve:
- Thorough review of the fund’s keys opportunities and risks.
- Dissection of the firm, fund, and investment strategy.
- Thorough quantitative analysis which includes performance attribution and breakdown.
4. Attend meetings with fund managers to acquire deeper understanding of the funds’ current performance, holdings, macro-
outlook views and major changes.
5. Maintain the upkeep of clients’ portfolios meticulously.
6. Assist in maintaining the integrity of our investment database.
- At least a Diploma in any fields, or currently pursuing a Bacherlor’s degree (all majors will be considered).
- The ability to research, analyze and evaluate.
- Meticulous and willing to work with large databases.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills are mandatory for this role, and having previous journalistic experience is a strong advantage.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Passion for investing with some basic knowledge of institutional investment management.
- We are looking for a self-starter who has a natural curiosity and a passion for global investment markets. Financial markets knowledge and experience is an advantage, it is not a pre-requisite. Someone who is meticulous and has a sharp eye for detail.
- You must have the ability to combine being self-motivated and working autonomously while being part of a small close-knit team.
Related Company Review:
Pros: Really good growth environment with very understanding seniors and colleagues that are caring and helpful. There was also opportunities to learn about the different parts of the business if you ask.
Cons: Tasks can get mundane but it’s normal
Related Job Searches:
Hawksburn Capital Pte Ltd
Investment & Client Services Specialist (Internship)
Banking / Finance