About EDF Lab Singapore
EDF, a world’s leading electricity company, is speeding up transition to a net-zero economy through applications and innovations in low-carbon solutions leveraging on digital capabilities: energy efficiency in buildings, district energy systems, smart grids, renewable energy and storage, electric mobility and hydrogen. In Singapore, the R&D branch of EDF Group has launched EDF Lab in 2014 to explore and develop solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Strong of 15 engineers and researchers and working with industrial and academic partners, EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South-East Asian context. Come join us!
The selected candidate will support the EDF team in Singapore as front end engineer. He or she will be dealing with system modelling, data management & analytics, technical & economic analysis of research and commercial projects.
- Contribute to existing and new digital projects in collaboration with EDF Business units and R&D department.
- Enhance the solutions developed by our research engineers and developers with your expertise in user experience and visual design. Improve the existing visualization capabilities of the simulations’ outputs. The output of your work would be functioning prototypes that could be productionised!
- Project management and front-end development on tools linked with e-mobility developed by EDF Group to Singapore market. The team is working on project application in Singapore, these would need adaptation and development of dedicated Smartphone app, designing tools, smart-charging tools and supervision tool. Existing models will be provided and strong interaction will be needed with our e-mobility experts, R&D departments, local industrial partners and the developers team in Europe.
- Support business activities of EDF in South East Asia with digital services including rapid prototyping in order to create value
You will work mainly on e-mobility projects but you will also be able to contribute to smart grid, urban planning, energy market projects.
To be in a constant learning environment, you will be in interaction with several international centers and participate to our internal hackatons.
- Master’s degree / PhD in Computer Science
- Experience in Front-end development and project management in software development
- HTML, CSS,UI, UX
- Experience in Mobile and or web development, React (web) and ReactNative (mobile)
- Experience with all aspects of design, specifying and architecting technical solutions such as RESTful web services.
- Would be a plus:
- Experience with database technologies and methodologies.
- Experience on ThingsBoard platform
- Knowledge in back-end development would be a plus (python) and blockchain development languages using ethereum or hyperledger
- Ability to analyse large and heterogeneous sets of data combined with programming skills
- Knowledge or appetite for clean energy, electric mobility, smart grids and smart cities
- A strong curiosity for smart technologies, digital and innovative projects
- Teamwork oriented / Ability to work in a diverse, international and cross-disciplinary research and development environment
- Good communication skills and teamwork Professional writing (technical report, tender proposal…) and good communication / presenting skills (reporting to internal management and external customers…)
Why EDF Lab Singapore?
- You’ll be part of a world-renowned energy company, with an international network of over 2,000 researchers (France, China, US, Germany, UK,…)
- You are interested in the future of mobility, power systems, smart and sustainable cities, and net-zero energy applications
- You like applying innovative research to real-world applications
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You enjoy working with a young, multicultural and flexible team
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health