YTL PowerSeraya Pte. Limited is a Singapore-based Energy Company. While our core business is centred on generation and retailing of electricity, we are also fast becoming a diversified Energy Company, which includes supplying utility services such as electricity, steam and cooling water, engaging in oil trading and producing water through Reverse Osmosis Desalination, for our own use and for sale to our large industrial and commercial customer base.
Our core business with a licensed generating capacity of 3,100MW is situated on Jurong Island – Singapore’s oil, gas and petrochemicals hub. This location puts us in close proximity to the world’s major shipping and oil routes, and extensive fuel storage capacity. Our operations are supported by our corporate office located at HarbourFront.
As a Health, Safety & Environment Intern, you will be exposed to the following areas during the internship:
1) Provide a fresh perspective on the company's existing sustainability REAP (Responsible Energy Advocates Program) by proposing interesting ways to meaningful engage tertiary students on climate change, energy & water conservation while, at the same time, provide opportunities for tertiary students to apply what they learnt in their polytechnic/university.
2) Feasibility of micro hydro project at the power plant. Possibility of collaborating with the electrical dept to propose the most cost-effective means to connect micro-hydro site to an electrical load(s).
3) Review of process safety risks pertaining to natural gas, H2 and LPG used for power generation.
4) Develop HAC (Hazard Area Classification) and associated procedures/practices linked to HAC for the power plant.
5) Enhance existing policies to enhance safety & health at the power plant.
6) Develop user requirements for seamless online registration of visitors & contractors entering the power plant that meets safety & security requirements.