YTL PowerSeraya Pte. Limited is a Singapore-based Energy Company. While its core business is centred on generation and retailing of electricity, YTL PowerSeraya are also fast becoming a diversified Energy Company, which includes supplying utility services such as electricity, steam and cooling water, engaging in oil trading and producing water through Reverse Osmosis Desalination, for its own use and for sale to our large industrial and commercial customer base.
YTL PowerSeraya’s core business with a licensed generating capacity of 3,100MW is situated on Jurong Island – Singapore’s oil, gas and petrochemicals hub. This location puts YTL PowerSeraya in close proximity to the world’s major shipping and oil routes, and extensive fuel storage capacity. Its operations are supported by corporate office located at HarbourFront.
As a trainee in the Facilities team, you will be exposed to perform routine maintenance duties to support a variety of building, plant security system, electrical, mechanical repairs / works and operate specialised equipment as required.
Trainee to be involved in:
1. Respond to requests and attend to buildings or equipment that require repair or maintenance
2. Provide preliminary assessment of damaged building infrastructure or parts, and inform engineers on repair needs
3. Perform routine facilities maintenance to ensure building infrastructures operate efficiently
4. Maintenance of the security and building access control and surveillance equipment (e.g. CCTVs, Card Access & Fence Intrusion Detection System – FIDS).
5. Maintain plants’ communication systems such as telephone PABX systems, walkie-talkies and iDEN systems, etc
6. Air-con systems’ maintenance, troubleshooting and commissioning
Set-up and tear down equipment for events, including electrical lighting, sound systems, tables, seating and stage
- Diploma in Facilities Management or equivalent
- Keen to establish career in a Power Generation plant
- Self-driven with good working attitude and a good team player
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Energy / Oil, Gas, Energy & Utilities
Pros: Management bothers to use the soft approach to motivate employees towards self-improvement, e.g. skillsfuture workshop and courses.
Cons: General population is older but i believe this is so for other gencos. Need more young blood.
Related Job Searches:
YTL PowerSeraya Pte. Limited
Facilities Technical Officer #SGUnitedTraineeships
Energy and Chemicals