Technology Intern (Solutions Delivery) - 5 to 6 months internship - Singapore
Thunes is a global, fast-growing, and innovative Fintech scale-up that uses technology to disrupt and transform the existing financial system.
We have a strong Mission: to create a better global payments network, and a great Purpose: to connect the world to economic opportunities and address systemic inequality when it comes to financial services.
We are proud to power payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses and work with some of the amazing global brands - from Gig Economy giants such as Uber and Deliveroo and Southeast Asia's super-app Grab, to global Fintech leaders such as PayPal and Remitly.
Our Products help to drastically simplify the Payment integration experience for our customers: with a single, simple connection, businesses and consumers can send payments to – and get paid in – every corner of the world. Instantly.
Thunes is headquartered in Singapore with regional offices in London, Paris, Shanghai, New York, Dubai, and Nairobi.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. We offer end-to-end payments solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- Business payments
- Remittance processing
- Mass payouts
- Virtual accounts / invoice payments
Context Of the Role
- We are looking for passionate individuals to join us for a period of 5-6 months and will be reporting to the Director of Solutions Delivery in APAC region
- The intern will work closely with Project Managers and Developers to assist with system configurations, data analysis and contribute with product improvement
Qualities you would find in our Solutions Delivery Team:
- Strong Team Spirit - Ability to learn lots of things and happy to help and each other
- Empowerment - Initiatives to build tools and propose solutions that adds value to the business
- Ownership - End to end ownership of project management in continuous integration from concept to deployment
- Use, optimize or build SQL queries that can help analyze data and improve the quality of service
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop enhanced solutions to make customer onboarding journey fast and easy
- Contribute with the internal existing knowledge base when needed
What we are looking for
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in G Suite/MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Positive working attitude
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proactive and always willing to learn
- Passionate about Fintech
- SQL knowledge is preferred but not required as long as willing to learn and explore
- Current university student taking up Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineer or Business (Final year)
Takeaways after internship period
- Develop your skills in data analysis and problem solving
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Learn and develop your skills using project management, data analytics and business intelligence tools
- Gain insights and exposure into how cross border payments are facilitated
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your application and interest with Thunes again!