At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About Our Group
The Seagate Purchasing team will handle the planning, organizing and procuring of direct materials necessary to support the factory. We work closely with commodity management team to ensure supply continuity in the most cost-effective way. The team work together with cross functional teams to form the focal support to the business which is consistent with Corporate and Company goals and objectives.
About the Role – You Will:
- Be responsible for the movement and storage of materials, components and finished goods to support factory build
- Work with Planners to confirm, follow up, and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery
- Analyze/prepare data and report for management review, e.g., inventory, suppliers’ commit and demand/supply
- Work to resolve discrepancies and/or issues as they occur during the purchase order cycle
- Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Maintain AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification
- Be responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity.
- Confident, positive attitude and able to work well independently
- This role requires working collaboratively, strong communication, a heightened attention to detail, superb organization, and collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders across the globe.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor/Masters in Supply Chain Management/Operations Management/Engineering/Business disciplines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) Good organizing and planning skills
You May Also Have:
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with strong analytical skills
Our Woodlands site is one of the largest electronics manufacturing sites in Singapore, housing our recording media operations. Spread over three sites, it is easily accessible via bus or from the MRT Station, with many employees taking mass transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Here at work, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at our onsite canteen and coffee shop. We offer a range of facilities including an in-house gym and dance studio, as well as after-work badminton and table tennis competitions. On-site celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Related Job Searches:
Purchasing / Merchandising
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical