At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
Seagate Hardware Engineering Firmware - Security Platform Team is responsible for delivering security solutions to Systems products to address internal and external challenges on security. We are seeking candidates to work together to design and implement innovative security solutions for our customers. Our mission is to provide cloud and edge users with best-in-class security and solutions to storage arrays.
About the role – you will:
You will be part of Security Platform team in Hardware Engineering Firmware group. In this role, you will design and develop Security solutions for Systems products. You will work closely with senior security engineers on day-to-day projects and aid in deploying security solutions, reviewing logs, and assisting with other support activities.
This is a security firmware development position and requires security architectural design, documentation, code development and reviews. This position is also involved in open source security for libraries used in the Systems products, common vulnerability analysis and solution integration.
- Bachelor’s in Software programming
- Demonstrated programming capabilities in Python/C/C++, etc.
- Experience in firmware/software design and development
- Demonstrated the capabilities of failure analysis, problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated documentation and communication skills
- Working experience or knowledge in Agile/Scrum methodologies will be an advantage
Your experience includes:
- Linux, Kernel
- Python/C/C++ programming language
- Firmware programming and software development
- Understanding of basic networking open source tools
- Good documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Good self-initiative and team player
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Related Job Searches:
Firmware Security Intern
IT / Information Technology
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical