Bosch is a leading global supplier of automotive and industrial technology, and of customer goods and building technology. Bosch has been present in Singapore since 1923 and is the Asia Pacific regional headquarters.
Bosch regards diversity as an asset and precondition for our global success. Openness and tolerance create a working environment in which creativity, innovative power and enterprise can flourish in each of our employees. Whether as a student, graduate, specialist or manager – Bosch provides a wide range of applicants many different ways to start a career in a broad field of operations, while also encouraging personal development opportunities.
We are offering an internship position within the Research and Technology Center – Asia Pacific of Bosch Corporate Research in Singapore for the duration of six months.
Replacement of car air filter is required to ensure sufficient ventilation and good cabin air quality while driving. Tracking of the filter’s health is highly anticipated to ensure drivers (and passengers) have the maximum air pollution protection all the time. Current study is related to the development of an intelligent cabin filter for air quality and filter life sensing.
Assist and support research activities in the development of an intelligent cabin filter for automobiles.
The tasks includes:
- Design and execute test methods to evaluate functional prototypes in the laboratory
- Collection and synthesis of sensor data
- Algorithm optimization, implementation and encryption
- Fine tuning of functional prototypes during field testing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Any physical sciences or engineering background
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to solve technical issues that arise during the course of the research
- High level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn new software and research techniques as needed
- Experience with large data acquisition is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must be enrolled throughout internship period, or plan to pursue further studies
- For foreign students studying in Singapore on Student's Pass, you must fulfill the following requirements to be able to do full-time internship during the school term:
- You are a full-time matriculated or registered student in one of the approved institutions.
- You hold a Student Pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- The internship is under an industrial attachment programme conducted by your university or educational institution.The industrial attachment can be either compulsory or elective but it must contribute towards your graduation requirements.
- For more information: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-pass-exemption-for-foreign-students
- For foreign students studying overseas, you must be eligible for the Work Holiday Programme (WHP)
- Between 18 to 25 years old (inclusive) as of date of WHP application.
- Undergraduate or graduate from university in Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
- University recognized by the government of the respective countries).
- For more information: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-holiday-programme/eligibility