RightShip is a data driven tech company that looks at information related to the maritime- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) space. The firm is a joint venture between Rio Tinto, BHP, and Cargill. We are looking for an HR intern to help our team with talent development, specifically in the area of developing career pathways and competency mapping, and other HR generalist items.
This is a great opportunity to learn about some aspects of HR and to get experience working in an organization having strong links into the commodities and maritime world, while experiencing high growth. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Talent and Development.
Approximate period of internship: Feb - Aug 2024
(Minimum availability: 3 days per week for Feb - May 2024 or May - Aug 2024)
Internship allowance: $1,500/month for 5 days/week, or pro-rated for 3-4 days/week
- Assist in developing career pathways and competency mapping frameworks for various roles within the organization.
- Conduct research on industry best practices and incorporate them into our capability building programs.
- Collaborate with different departments to identify competencies and recommend career pathways.
- Provide support for the implementation and evaluation of various capability building initiatives.
- Assist in other HR-related tasks as needed
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in HR, Psychology, Business Administration or a related field
- Hands on, good attitude, able to think critically and out of the box.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop big picture solutions.
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We look forward to hearing from you!