Founded in Norway in 1996, REC Group is an international pioneering solar energy company with a strong footprint in North America, Europe and Asia. We are part of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company that shares our passion for bold innovations that empower people with clean energy solutions and drive global energy transitions. A trusted partner for customers, consumers and employees, we are “Solar’s most trusted”!
Responsible for the research and development of conventional or next generation technologies aimed at improving conversion efficiency for crystalline silicon solar cells. The candidate will be working with R&D engineers to develop conventional or novel processes involving wet chemistry, deposition, diffusion, metallization and electrical testing. The candidate is expected to bring break-through ideas in advanced cell processing. He/She will collaborate with external vendors or research institutes to develop new materials, new techniques and new processes. Besides, candidate need to be a highly motivated, highly adaptable to new and challenging tasks assigned, carry out hands-on process and characterization for technical understanding. He/She will be working closely with other project leaders, engineers and lab technicians in the process of experiments in the REC Cell Lab and production lines. He/She will collaborate closely across departments to bring research ideas and developments to production implementations. He/She will also be engaged in designing/specifying the equipment requirement for line upgrade and/or a capacity expansion. He/she is responsible to keep a close eye on external developments in his/her field of expertise that might be relevant to REC technology roadmap. He/She is expected to operate to the highest standards of safety and ethics, in accordance with the REC’s Code of Conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and evaluate conventional or novel cell processing to enhance the efficiency of crystalline silicon solar cells for various processes including wet chemistry, deposition, diffusion and metallization.
- Develop advanced cells structure and technologies for High-efficiency crystalline silicon solar cells applications
- Transfer of newly developed processes to production as part of the delivery of R&D projects
- Perform characterizations of the experimental samples and data analysis.
- Manage project and report project status. To overlook the full implementation of the improved process of the first pilot production run in accordance to REC project management guidelines i.e. PCRB and RPDM including writing of proper documentations at different stages of process development and technology changes (for example implication and interactions with other processes, lessons learnt) for the handover to Operation.
- The KPI is zero safety cases
- Comply with the company’s safety protocol at all times
- Participate in projects related to safety improvement
- Communication and Presentation
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels of the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the degree of difficulty and involvement of the specific targets set in the department.
- Keep up-to-date on new external developments on processes for silicon solar cells.
- Develop a network in Singapore and abroad with experts in the field
- Depending on the competencies developed, the engineer may be rotated to different departments
- Minimum science or engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years experience for Senior level or 5 years experience for Principal level in an R&D or engineering department of Solar/Semiconductors/Electronics company
- Proven track record of implementing new processes into pilot and/or mass production
- Fundamental knowledge of solar cell / semiconductor device physics
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with solar cell processes e.g wet bench, CVD, PVD, metallization and test/probe Experience with standard solar cell processes and characterization tools e.g SEM, FTIR, Ellipsometer, 4 point probe resistance measurement, Transmission Line Measurement
- Excellent team player
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials
- Ability to work in cross-department and cross-functional duties not limited to engineering jobs (includes project planning, liaise with different levels within organization to speed up development process). High exposure to fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and through extended hours when needed to meet business commitments
- High level of accuracy with special attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Readiness to travel
- Proactive working attitude
ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGEOUS SKILLS:
- Experience with advanced processes for high-efficiency crystalline silicon solar cells
- Experience in using simulation software e.g. PV lighthouse, PC1D
- Proficient in Software statistical tools is an added advantage (Minitab, JMP, etc)
Related Job Searches:
Principal / Senior Engineer – Advanced Structures R&D, Cell Technology
IT / Information Technology
Energy and Chemicals