OakNorth Holdings is the fastest company to achieve unicorn status in European history (30 months from inception).It is currently backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, GIC (Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund), and other investorsincluding Coltrane, Clermont Group, NIBC, EDBI of Singapore, Toscafund, and Indiabulls.
With offices in London, Singapore, New York, Gurugram, Bangalore, and Shanghai, OakNorth’s mission is to enablesmall and medium-sized businesses to obtain the debt finance they need to grow. Our fintech platform (OakNorth Analytical Intelligence or OakNorth AI), which we developed to address this problem, is currently being used by a number of leading banks around the world, as well as by our own commercial bank in the UK.
Within the past 3 years, the platform has helped us grown our loan book size to over $2.2bn in the UK, with 0 defaults to date. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia with $5bn of assets under management.
OakNorth was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who had also previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, with multiple offices across the world including a 200- employee officein Beijing, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, thereby returning 175 times capital to seed investors.
Off-cycle Business Analyst – Growth & Delivery (Full-time / Part-time)
- Actively participate in business development pitches of the OakNorth AI platform to C-suite executives and prioritize ground work
- Responsible for gathering market research on commercial banking in Asia, as well as client research within this sector
- Assist G&D team in ensuring successful OakNorth AI banking implementations fine-tuned to meet customer needs
- Assist G&D team in engaging with clients to answer critical questions and ensure a clear product road map and deployment schedule
- Assist G&D team in communication with OakNorth’s engineers and data scientists on product improvements and strategic design of the platform, incorporating client feedback throughout
- Maintain a deep understanding of the OakNorth AI system
- Ability to travel to client sites and assist with OakNorth AI implementations in Asia and elsewhere depending upon business need
Key Skills Sets
- Currently within undergraduate/postgraduate programme
- Strong analytical background
- Detail oriented, great communicator and meticulous planner
- Have the ability to accurately grasp and convey client requirements and feedback
- Highly commercial disposition and comfort in a corporate setting
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to engage with team members, fostering a high degree of commitment to quality, delivery and client satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to the client site as required (highly dependent on your engagement(s))
- Ability to commit at least 3 days per week