OakNorth Holdings is the fastest company to achieve unicorn status in European history (30 months frominception). It is currently backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, GIC (Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund), andother investors including Coltrane, Clermont Group, NIBC, EDBI of Singapore, Toscafund, and Indiabulls.
With offices in London, Singapore, New York, Gurugram, Bangalore, and Shanghai, OakNorth’s mission is toenable small and medium-sized businesses to obtain the debt finance they need to grow. Our fintech platform (OakNorth Analytical Intelligence or OakNorth AI), which we developed to address this problem, is currently being used by a number of leading banks around the world, as well as by our own commercial bank in the UK.
Within the past 3 years, the platform has helped us grown our loan book size to over $2.2bn in the UK, with 0 defaults to date. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia with $5bn of assets under management.
OakNorth was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who had also previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, with multiple offices across the world including a 200-employee office in Beijing, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, thereby returning 175 times capital to seed investors.
Business Analyst, Credit – Mandarin Speaking (Part-time)
- Assist credit team in research and financial analysis of loan opportunities across various sectors in different geographies
- Assist credit team in developing detailed financial model comprising transaction details, financial statement analysis, projections, credit metrics, amongst others
- Responsible for translating credit documents from English to Mandarin Chinese
- Assist credit team in drafting concise credit reports with key takeaways on opportunity
- Actively participate in conducting detailed industry/market studies to understand operating environment of borrower
- Assist credit team in monitoring borrower performance on an ongoing basis and producing periodic review reports, including annual reviews
- Responsible for any other ad hoc tasks as assigned
- Rising Junior or Senior pursing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Economics, Financial Engineering or equivalent
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Chinese (both simplified and traditional)
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, financial analysis and research skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Analytical and detail-oriented, have a keen sense of judgement, goal-oriented and a meticulous planner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and web-based research applications
- Ability to commit 3 days per week
To learn more, please visit us at http://www.oaknorth.ai