Essilor is the world leader in ophthalmic optics with products distributed in more than 100 countries. The Group designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of vision care solutions that help to correct, protect and prevent risks to the visual health.
The Group's human and societal commitment to making better vision accessible to all is what drives the 61,000 Essilor people every day. The Group enjoys a strong corporate culture, a result of its nearly 170-year history. It is based on values of entrepreneurship, respect for others and shared trust, cooperation spirit, diversity and innovation. This has enabled a strong growth track record over time, both organically and through numerous local partnerships worldwide.
In line with its mission to improve lives by improving sight, Essilor allocated more than €200 million to research and innovation in 2015 to widen access to eyewear that is tailored to each person’s unique visual needs and lifestyle. It leverages a world class supply chain including 32 plants, 490 prescription laboratories and edging-mounting facilities and 16 distribution centers to serve more than 350,000 clients worldwide. The Group also develops and markets equipment, instruments and services for eye care professionals.
Essilor reported consolidated revenue of €6.7 billion in 2015.
Its flagship brands are Varilux®, Crizal®, EyezenTM, Transitions®, Definity®, Xperio®, Optifog™, Foster Grant®, Bolon® and Costa®.
Sustainability is at the heart of Essilor’s mission, with healthy vision for all contributing to several of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. In 2015, Essilor was recognized in Fortune’s Change the World list, for the progress it is making in addressing the issue of visual health as part of its core business strategy. All employees of Essilor will help to deliver in sustainability and carry out our mission.
For more information, please visit www.essilor.com and www.essilorseechange.com
R&D Assistant Engineer (6 months Temp)
Role & Mission:
The Assistant Engineer will be a 6 months temporary position, which may be extended depending on project scope. Main role of the incumbent is to conduct laboratory experiments & testing.
- Preparation of coating solutions using the formulations developed by the team.
- Sample preparations, coating application, characterization & data reporting.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the laboratory & all equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of chemicals & other consumables.
- ITE, Diploma (Chemical, Materials) with some working experience in chemical laboratory or manufacturing plant
- Working experience in coating formulations or applications would be added advantage.
- Fresh graduates with relevant technical exposure during studies are welcome to apply
- A team player, quick learner with a positive attitude would be a best fit for this position.