At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
As the Senior Associate, Fund Management for the M&G Asia Property Fund (the “Fund”), the candidate will provide analytical support to the Fund Manager in pursuit of the Fund’s objectives. This includes managing portfolio management analytics, presenting performance analytics to internal stakeholders, support investment/divestment assessments (portfolio and asset level) and monitor individual asset management strategies in the context of the overall fund level investment objectives.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Review and monitor on asset performance including undertaking analysis and sensitivity analysis on the sustainability and volatility of portfolio net cash flow, review and monitor asset plans ensuring that they are aligned with the Fund’s investment objectives. Highlight short term valuation risks within the portfolio
- Prepare and report a portfolio attribution analysis by sector and market. Highlight the Fund’s overweight and underweight positions on a sector and market basis relative to the Fund SAA
- Evaluate feasibility and review underwriting of potential new acquisitions and its impact on the portfolio. Work with various teams (Research, Acquisitions, Asset Management, Tax and Operations) for acquisitions/ dispositions to ensure deal proceeds smoothly
- Review portfolio strategy (i.e. diversification, performance and capital management). Work with Research and stakeholders on formulating the Fund’s long term and medium term strategy and goals, including annual budgeting.
- Review, highlight and mitigate stock specific and portfolio risk against fund level investment restrictions and in the context of the MAP investment objectives This should be done on a forward looking basis taking into consideration the 1 and 3 year asset specific investment performance expectations as per the individual asset plans. This includes disposition strategy and asset enhancement plans
- Manage internal asset database (e.g. Leaseroll, Asset Performance)
- Oversee and manage Fund’s compliance with M&G’s sustainability strategy, includes working closely with the asset management team and UK Responsible Property Investing team. Raise awareness where it is evident that the specific targets within the sustainability strategy are at risk of not being met
- Responsible for keeping the Fund Model which is used for portfolio management and construction, tactical asset allocation strategy, acquisitions and divestments, performance attribution & risk analysis, forecasting returns and liquidity, scenario analysis and reporting up to date. Ensure longevity of Fund Model
- Manage Fund/shareholder reporting (internally and periodic investors reports). Establish/ communicate annual fund reporting timetable
- Work with MSCI/ ANREV on fund/ asset performance index reporting to internal and external parties
- Client Servicing - Assist clients relations with investors queries on the Fund; Involved in clients’ pitch and presentations
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Masters / Bachelor’s Degree / in relevant area of study including Finance, Real Estate Management
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience with fund or funds strategy or direct real estate investments and portfolio management role with board knowledge and extensive networks in the fund management industry and international real estate markets
- Demonstrate an understanding of the real estate investment environment.
- Possess excellent financial, mathematical, and statistical skills and can often work with very complex database and quantitative tools.
- Have excellent communications and leadership skills with strong ability to work with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Argus Enterprise and MS Power Point.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
Related Job Searches:
M&G Real Estate Asia Pte. Ltd.
Senior Associate, Fund Management (Maternity Cover)
Real Estate / Property Management