- Lazada Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Intern, Data Science
- Date Listed
- 10 Jan 2018
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Flexible Start, For At Least 3 Months
8 Shenton Way #43-01 AXA Tower
- Allowance /
- $800 - 1,000 monthly
- Computing / IT / Software, Product / Program / Project Management
- Information Technology
- Company Profile
Launched in 2012, Lazada is the number one online shopping and selling destination in Southeast Asia – present in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. As the pioneer of the eCommerce ecosystem in Southeast Asia, Lazada helps more than 80,000 local and international sellers as well as 2,500 brands serve the 560 million consumers in the region through its marketplace platform, supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions. With over 160 million SKUs available, Lazada offers the widest range of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, toys, fashion, sports equipment and groceries. Focused on delivering an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns through its own first- and last-mile delivery arm supported by 80+ logistics partners. Lazada Group is majority owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA).
- Job Description
Lazada Internship Program for Tech Hub
The Internship Program for our Singapore Tech Hub is now open. We are looking for young and talented undergrads to be part of the team.
Get hands-on experience working on projects and learning about e-commerce.
What can you expect from this internship?
- Working knowledge of statistical principles such as linear regression, logistic regression, univariate and multivariate analysis.
- Ability to make intelligent approximations of mathematical models in order to make them practical and scalable.
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive and/or general map reduce computing is a plus.
- The perspective that delivering results quickly, with iteration, is better than waiting for 100% perfection
Who are we looking for?
- Undergraduates/Masters in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Programming, Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or related fields
- Able to commit for 3 to 6 months
- Proven track record of leveraging analytics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Phyton, SQL
- Professional and positive attitude, committed to work in a fast-paced and hands-on environment
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV using InternSG.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.