The world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods and building products.
The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, scientific expertise and technological know-how to offer solutions beneficiating its mineral resources, produce synthetic minerals and develop formulations. Imerys thus contributes essential properties to customers’ products and performance, such as refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency.
Imerys meets ambitious criteria for responsible development, regarding social, environmental or corporate governance.Imerys' solutions contribute to the performance of a large number of applications and address four types of use:
Imerys is categorised by 2 segments:
High Temperature Materials & Solutions
This is further categorised into 5 business areas :
Performance Minerals EMEA, Performance Minerals Americas, Performance Mineral APAC
High Temperature Materials & Solutions
Refractories Abrasives & Construction & High Temperature Solutions
Business Planning & Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Part Time / Full Time, 6 Months)
Support the Business Planning & Supply Chain Analyst in building dashboards, reporting tools, data analysis and action plans to improve KPIs related to business planning, supply chain and customer services across Asia Pacific. A specific focus of this role is the ongoing project to track cargos during transportation: work closely with solution providers to assess their track & trace solution for Imerys cargos at sea.
This solution will help Imerys Asia-Pacific improve its customer satisfaction by providing live info on their orders. It will also help the logistics and business planning teams in APAC to manage the flows of materials more efficiently.
This position will allow the candidate to understand and improve other reporting processes related to business planning, supply chain and customer services. The willingness and interest to play with data is critical for this internship.
This position will also provide a methodology on project management as the intern will act as project manager for the implementation of the Track & Trace tool.
Track & Trace tool: pilot Phase with a selected provider:
- A provider has already been selected and trials are ongoing until Q1 2022.
- Monitor the pilots with the local teams
- Continue to automate interfaces between Imerys ERP data (mostly Google Sheets / SQL databases) and the Track & Trace tool
- Continue to automate the reports and analysis of the data from the Track & Trace tool (mostly Google Studio reports using extracts from the tool) via Google Scripts (can be learned during the internship)
- Pilot phase review according to the KPIs
- Perform analysis of data on a monthly bases (e.g. containers delayed, orders with missing data) and liaise with the Supply Chain and Customer Service teams to share the analysis and formalize action plans
- Serve as the master user for the Track & Trace tool, and to guide and train the local team towards transition of automated uploads and reviews of data.
Track & Trace tool: implementation phase if the pilot phase is successful:
- Roll out the solution as per planning
- Formalize a manual to use the tool, coordinate the training with the provider
- If the intern is interested, the intern can be involved in the analysis of monthly KPIs and identification of actions.
- The intern will be invited to join monthly performance reviews with the management team of Business Planning & Supply Chain. It will provide a helicopter view on operations at Imerys.
- Key interfaces: strong partnership to be built with (i) BP&SC from other Business Areas, (ii) Supply Chain & Customer services, (iii) IT, (iii) Purchasing; (iv) leaders in innovation in logistics e.g. Bollore Blue, PSA Group, CMA-CGM, Solvay, (v) Track & Trace tool vendors (e.g. Shipsy, Project 44)
- Minimum Masters in Engineering Studies (Information Systems/Computing/Logistics/Supply Chain/Mathematics)
- At least 1 experience of interacting with different stakeholders from different organisation
- Curious about data management, computer sciences, IT, logistics and innovation
- Project management
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent integrity and ethical standards.
- Strategic thinking, interpersonal skills, ability to propose solutions
- Advocate for data integrity
- Computer skills required (Google Suites (with a focus on Sheets / Studio / Scripts), ERP, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, conversing in other languages is an added advantage.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Job Searches:
Imerys Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Business Planning & Supply Chain Analyst Intern (6 Months)
Logistics / Supply Chain / Transport