Founded in 2011, Empact is a social enterprise with a social mission to build the capacity of social organisations in Singapore and the region. As a capacity builder to non-profits and social enterprises, we serve as an intermediary to our corporate partners where we match and manage their resources, expertises and skilled volunteers with the real needs in the social sector.
Much of the matching, in most cases require us to design and develop customised activities or programmes for a meaningful exchange or partnership between corporates and social organisations. This is to ensure a win-win for both parties towards a sustainable and effective social impact.
In the bigger scheme of our social mission, we bridge the capacity gap in the social sector with other stakeholders such as government agencies, grantmakers and volunteers to provide social organisations access to affordable (or pro bono) and professional services that are critical to their daily operations.
Over the past years, we have impacted more than 700 social organisations and channelled 8,000 volunteers to contribute to the growth of the social sector. In 2019, we were selected as a finalist for the Social Enterprise of Year by of the President Challenge. This is the highest accolade for social enterprises in Singapore.
We are currently looking for hands-on and meticulous individuals who are passionate to inspire and support corporations in their volunteering journey.
This job is for you if you are:
● Passionate about active engagement in supporting the non-profit sector and social enterprises
● Able to strive well in an action-oriented and agile environment
● Comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams
● Able to work on multiple projects and prioritize effectively
● Motivated to exercise and stretch your different skill sets and gain professional development
● Enthusiastic and committed in providing excellent service to clients
● Committed to knowledge sharing and can work with volunteers and other interns
● Possess relevant experiences in project management or event management or employee engagement
● Strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills
● Have some familiarity of the community and social service sector
● A strong interest and some experience in marketing
● Proficiency in using Google Drive Documents and Excel
The internship positions are available from July onwards. Preference is for availability for full time, minimum period 3 months. Part-time can be considered, preferably of 3 days weekly.
Kindly note that only applications submitted via the given job link will be considered. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Related Company Review:
Pros: No short of experiences, even though I signed up for accounting, I did get to experience internal finance, and HR stuff as well. Learning new things was the only norm throughout my internship experiences.
Cons: If not open minded, can be rather tough due to constantly changing demands of the job. There will be sudden requests to attend to because of different clients needs and deadlines to be met! Hence, it takes an adaptable an open minded person to take up this internship.