Ellegaard Pte Ltd is a Singapore company holding minority interests in a number of companies inside and outside Singapore, including a company listed on the First North NASDAQ alternative market platform in Denmark and a number of intellectual property-intensive start-ups in Singapore. The portfolio companies operate in the fields of fintech, maritime technology, logistics and transportation and we provide these entities with ad hoc transaction services and facilitate corporate finance and legal advice for their benefit.
About the Role: We offer a unique opportunity to the right candidate to participate in a number of Singapore and cross-border business combination transactions, including valuation and due diligence matters. This role will provide you with an insider’s perspective of how a corporate finance or business development department functions. You will be involved in matters spanning over a number of different jurisdictions and play an important role in structuring M&A and investment transactions from their infancy to completion.
We envision you would commit for a period of minimum two months with about 30-40 hours per week. Flexible hours and remote work are possible to ensure that you can attend to your academic coursework, while still gaining relevant work experience from the perspective of an in-house corporate finance professional.
Work Description: We would expect you to assist or lead efforts related to:
- Development of various types of financial models to value debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions
- Building various valuation methods – comparable companies, precedents, and DCF
- recommendations for product offerings, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and valuations
- Preparation and review of materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations, and pitchbooks
- Performing due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of live transactions
- Creating and managing capitalization tables
- Creating presentations for client portfolios
Requirements and Eligibility: You are expected to be:
- a third- or fourth-year corporate finance, accounting or economics student or a graduate interested in an internship
- interested in M&A across different sectors
- highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF
- a Singapore citizen or permanent resident