Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
The DxI Predictive team, an analytics pillar within Edelman’s DxI practice, leverages predictive analytics and behavioural science to drive social change and optimize communications marketing.
The Centre aims to better understand human behaviour and the motivations that influence and inform people’s decision-making, so as to:
- Deliver change programs that positively influence public habits and address social issues.
- Help clients deliver optimized content, channel, and influencer strategies.
- Change the way organizations build relationships and trust with consumers and stakeholders.
The Data Science Intern will be responsible for big data modelling and research processes that contribute to client analytics projects and the creation of impactful social purpose programmes at both an individual and societal level.
Required skills and experience:
- Basic proficiency in Python, especially around data cleaning, transformation and visualization.
- Prior exposure to machine learning and NLP algorithms, especially unsupervised classification, sentiment analysis and topic modelling.
- Experience in data acquisition, storage, manipulation and analysis with open and closed datasets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – experience presenting technical and non-technical information to non-expert audiences.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent team player with experience working in international and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Good-to-have skills and experience:
- Prior internship experience in a computer science, business analytics or applied statistics role, or currently enrolled in a relevant Bachelor/Masters of Science or equivalent degree.
- Basic proficiency and prior experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools, such as Domo, Tableau, Qlik and PowerBI.
- Prior experience in querying using SQL and experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
- Proficiency and experience in integrating various tools and solutions using interfaces, such as RESTful API.
- Experience with algorithmic data modelling and systems architecture to facilitate the analysis of complex and large datasets.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms such as Salesforce.
- Experience with back-end web application development.
- Interest and background in social and purpose-driven work is an advantage, along with a strong desire to bring the power of big data to address social problems both large and small.
- Assist DxI team in the identification, analysis and understanding of social issues and trends using data and quantitative approaches.
- Collect, clean and transform data from multiple sources for report generation and visualization.
- Collaborate with client teams to translate insights into communications marketing programmes.
- Support sales efforts as needed, including prospecting, research, proposal development, and sales pitches.
- Attend relevant trainings, e.g. Media Relations, Social Media Analysis, Compliance Ethics, Sector Overviews.
- Collaborate with experts, including psychometricians, behaviourial scientists, data engineers, and digital and marketing professionals to create and execute programmes that follow on from the DxI purpose-based planning approach