Brave Communications is an independent PR agency that helps organisations take smart risks to succeed in a digital world. We apply a creative lens to conventional business perspectives so that clients can tell their stories in a meaningful, engaging, and fun way to their audiences. From humble beginnings, we have grown rapidly to serve diverse organisations across renewable energy, fintech, insurance, F&B, wealth management and enterprise technology sectors.
Bravery is a mandate of creative courage. Our vision is to inspire clients to bravely reframe their businesses, creatively communicate their successes and stand out from the crowd. When you join Brave Communications, you can expect:
- Authenticity, positivity, kindness and respect. We really like what we do. We don’t have time for corporate BS or politics.
- Freedom to make things happen. We have the network and capabilities to provide our diverse client list with new offerings and services, many of which you would contribute to.
- Nurturing hands on-training across several disciplines. We learn from our clients even as we act as their advisors, so you will have a supportive growth environment with lovely people that challenge and train you.
- Structured training programme. We put into place a structured onboarding programme to help you improve your skills. Everything from PR101, media relations and pitching, writing workshops, to even networking. We also listen to you to see what gaps you need to fill and improve training programmes to truly benefit all employees starting from the ground up.
- The 5Cs. We provide a great culture, care and collaboration for a start. If all goes well and you choose to come back to join us after graduation, attractive prospects in career advancement and compensation await.
The PR intern we are looking for is a positive and enthusiastic individual that is keen to learn and grow with us in a nurturing start-up environment (yes, we know it is an oxymoron, but read on).
As an intern with us, you will learn the ropes of being a good PR consultant from the ground up. You will plan, drive and learn to execute day-to-day account activities, sit in client calls, develop content and liaise with media, as well as get a good foundation in administrative tasks. You aren’t expected to know it all but want to know it all. And we’re here to help you on the way.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Writing content. Trying your hand at the first cuts of materials such as opinion pieces, press releases, and email interview answers, among others.
- Media relations. Learning to pitch media interviews, call media, helping to coordinate media roundtables/press conferences, and general coordination with the media.
- New business development. Doing research on prospects and helping with the content, design and layout of presentation decks where we brainstorm and put award-winning ideas together as a team.
- Media monitoring and reporting. Showcasing our amazing results to the client on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- General coordination support. Working with the team to manage client requests, administrative tasks as required.
- Ready to work with us for at least 3 months. 6 months is ideal, with the potential to convert to a full-time role after graduation.
- Able to work in Singapore without any work visa sponsorships.
We think you’ll be a great fit if you are:
- Just starting on your communications journey. Polytechnic or university level, preferably having done another internship at a PR agency.
- Curious, adaptable, intuitive and a self-starter. Enough said.
- Hardworking, driven and positive. You approach every task with courage and passion. Good is never enough.
- Proactive and resourceful. I’d love for you to offer help and work with me to identify and solve solutions.
- Creative and talented. You might be a great writer, poet, photoshop guru or tech expert. Everyone has a talent.
- A dog lover. We have a PR-trained canine in office that thinks he's human.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Apps: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok)
- Design and video production knowledge is a plus
- Excellent command of English with ability to write well and quickly
- Possess attention to detail
- Keen interest in exploring a career in public relations
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good with time management
- Self-motivated, friendly and outgoing personality
- Bilingual ability is a plus
Invest in us and we will invest in you. Explore a PR career while broadening your horizons at Brave. You can achieve great things when immersed in a kind and supportive environment. Apply with us!
Related Company Review:
Type: Advertising & Public Relations / Media & Communication
Pros: Loved working at BB! Great Team! We achieved some amazing results and grew the business in APAC from $0 in revenue to millions of dollars per year recurring. Extremely proud of the output of all the team members over my tenure.
Cons: Some clients expected 24/7 communication.
Related Job Searches:
Brave Communications Pte. Ltd
Public Relations Intern
Advertising / Media
Creative / Media