Brave Communications is an independent PR agency that helps organisations take smart risks to succeed in a digital world. We apply a creative lens to conventional business perspectives so that clients can tell their stories in a meaningful, engaging, and fun way to their audiences. From humble beginnings, we have grown rapidly to serve diverse organisations across renewable energy, digital payments & fintech, insurance, wealth management and enterprise technology sectors.
Bravery is a mandate of creative courage. Our vision is to inspire clients to bravely reframe their businesses, creatively communicate their successes and stand out from the crowd. When you join Brave Communications, you can expect:
- Authenticity, positivity, kindness and respect. We really like what we do. We don’t have time for corporate BS or politics.
- Freedom to make things happen. We have the network and capabilities to provide our diverse client list with new offerings and services, many of which you would contribute to.
- Nurturing hands on-training across several disciplines. We learn from our clients even as we act as their advisors, so you will have a supportive growth environment with lovely people that challenge and train you.
- Structured training programme. We put into place a structured onboarding programme to help you improve your skills. Everything from PR101, media relations and pitching, writing workshops, to even networking. We also listen to you to see what gaps you need to fill and improve training programmes to truly benefit all employees.
- The 5Cs. Culture, care, collaboration, career advancement, and compensation for the right candidate.
We are looking for a driven and experienced PR Coordinator or Executive who is looking to jumpstart their career working primarily on corporate PR work. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include media pitching, client servicing, researching and writing in a positive and nurturing start-up environment (yes, we know it is an oxymoron, but read on). You will partner daily with senior leadership to learn about the agency and client’s businesses, work with our content partners to write compelling content, as well as develop strong relationships with journalists in order to secure coverage for your clients and so much more.
1. Content Development
- Deliver quality mock ups and first cuts (usually for PR content such as bylines, email interviews and briefing books)
- Develop compelling media pitches independently
- Make revisions with inputs from clients to improve content
2. Media Relations
- Pitch media interviews and coordinate all engagements (face-to-face, phone or others)
- Work with account team members on email interview answers and ensure submissions are complete
- Liaise with the media at events or other engagements (e.g. roundtable)
- Proactively build/cultivate on-going relationships with relevant media to secure coverage for clients
3. Client Relations
- Client liaison on day-to-day account deliverables
- Provide reports and update client via email and answer client queries independently
4. Account Management
- Daily media monitoring and clippings
- Account reporting on daily weekly, or monthly basis as needed
- Support the development of account reviews
- Track and maintain account WIP
- General coordination and support on account deliverables/activities
- Maintain relevant media lists for clients
5. New Business Development
- Provide support on new business development through research, and participate in brainstorms for creative ideas to share with clients.
We think you’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Knowledge of or interest in the latest trends around economic issues, macroeconomic trends, fintech and IT trends
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write quickly in different content formats
- Knowledge and practice of media relations
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people from different backgrounds
- Keen interest and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced agency environment
- Curiosity and motivation to self-start
- Ability to connect the dots and learn fast
- Dependable and collaborative team member
- Strong attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Hardworking, driven, and positive attitude
- Bilingual ability is a plus
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1 - 3 years of PR experience in a fast-paced agency environment or have recently completed an internship at a PR agency
- An interest in macroeconomic trends, fintech, enterprise technology, and others
- Good storytelling skills and the curiosity to discover media hot topics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support client and media relations
- Love of dogs (yes, really. We have a PR-trained canine that thinks he’s human)
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents preferred
Invest in us and we will invest in you. Supercharge your PR career while broadening your horizons at Brave. You can achieve greater things when immersed in a kind and supportive environment.
Related Company Review:
Type: Advertising & Public Relations / Media & Communication
Pros: Loved working at BB! Great Team! We achieved some amazing results and grew the business in APAC from $0 in revenue to millions of dollars per year recurring. Extremely proud of the output of all the team members over my tenure.
Cons: Some clients expected 24/7 communication.
Related Job Searches:
Brave Communications Pte. Ltd
Public Relations Coordinator / Executive
Advertising / Media
Creative / Media