At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the role
The Logistics/Supply Chain Intern will assist the Head of Logistics with specific tasks and assignments in the Logistics CI (Continues Improvement) initiatives and productivity projects.
Key responsibilities include
- Study the available data and requirements
- Do a literature survey to look for options
- Conduct stakeholder interviews
- Ensure accurate and timely gathering of data
- Participate and update actions in the progress update meetings
- Present the output, learnings from the internship to the management team
- Internal Stakeholders: Site, Regional, Global Supply Chain, Sales
- Assist in identifying, creation, and validation of CI initiatives in Logistics APAC.
- Follow up and preparing a summary of on-going initiatives/projects and highlighting risk areas.
- Key focus: Business processes, Footprint Consolidation, Productivity/Savings
- The undergraduate program in Supply Chain/Logistics/any technical discipline
- Preferable post-graduation student in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Relevant prior projects, internships
- Attention to detail and ability to dealing with large data sets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in logistics/supply chain processes
- Excellent communication skill
- Proficient with the MS Office programs
- Collaboration – ability to work with diverse, cross-functional and cross-regional stakeholders and team members