Aquaporin Asia Pte. Ltd is a subsidiary of Aquaporin A/S, a fast growing, Danish Cleantech company developing a unique Biomimetic membrane technology dedicated to revolutionizing water purification by means of industrial biotech techniques and thinking. The main strategy is to develop the Aquaporin Inside™ technology capable of separating and purifying water from all other compounds.
Aquaporin Asia is seeking an intern to join the development of the Aquaporin Inside™ Technology.
Tasks & responsibilities. As an intern in the lab you will support us in developing, optimizing and testing the Aquaporin Inside membranes (AIM) in various applications. You will be integrated in a dynamic research team and responsible for supporting the daily R&D activities in the lab. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
1. Assist and conduct daily R&D activities in the laboratory like chemical preparation, sample measurement and data collection.
2. Understand principles of forward osmosis and reverse osmosis membranes, perform lab-scale membrane testing for both forward osmosis and reverse osmosis.
3. Perform membrane characterization like SEM, FTIR, and etc.
4. Analyse lab testing results, identify potential problems and propose solutions.
5. Support pilot-scale membrane production and help with equipment maintenance.