Y S Chung Law Corporation specializes in advising SMEs and Financial Institutions on the resolution of high-value, complex and Cross-Border disputes.
We are strategically committed to substantial growth in 2020—in numbers of clients, revenue and lawyer headcount. For you, it means more opportunities for career advancement.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a genuine interest in applying their skills to assist our Litigators in High Court.
If you are a team player with the determination to succeed, we’d love to hear from you. matters and with
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Follow accounting policies and procedures
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested, including:
- Assisting in Human Resource Management, including training
- Assisting lawyers in simple secretarial work from time to time
Desired Qualifications: The candidate should have an Associate's degree or professional diploma in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the CoreMatters accounting software package and experience in the legal industry.
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant educational qualifications and experience.
Related Job Searches:
Y S Chung Law Corporation
Junior Accounts Receivable / Accounts Manager / Book Keeper
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation