Where are the best places in the world to build a wind farm or a hydropower dam? Traverse is an AI driven professional engineering firm focused on answering these types of question. We use AI, high performance computing and automation to speed up traditional prospecting, feasibility assessment and front end engineering work by 10x. Traverse can prospect for exceptionally high IRR configurations across entire countries and also optimize the returns of individual projects amongst billions of potential permutations, helping our customers eliminate development risks dramatically.
About this role
We are a recent YCombinator graduate. We are looking for a business / accounting / HR intern to help us with:
- hiring and recruiting
- market (both technical and business related) research
- liaising with vendors and contractors to get quotes, comparing specifications etc.
- creating market databases
- performing some financial modelling
- analyzing, collating and warehousing economic data
- product development, testing and feature specification
Everything you do will be in supporting these other job descriptions in one way or another:
It's a mixed bag of menial labor and creative work - please be warned. It is an internship where you learn based on your ambition: there are both heavily AI/Machine Learning like technical elements, private equity / investment banking elements and potentially tedious manual work like elements.
Key requirements are
- ridiculously meticulous and conscientious person,
- growth and learning focused with low ego,
- nice person,
- more quant-ish than sales-ish - likes staring at excel sheets, and
- motivated and ambitious.
- The pay is SG$2,000 per month.
- We cannot sponsor work visas. You should be a student or local to Singapore.