This is a unique opportunity for a driven and insightful finance professional, to join the leading growth-stage startup in the most meaningful segment of the economy (parents) in two of the fastest growing regions in the world (South East Asia and Africa). What we are trying to do is truly disruptive and life changing and the work that you will do would immediately impact the lives of mothers around Asia. This is a role where a career is made, if you are up to the challenge, and keen to work with world-class teams.
theAsianparent is a reproductive health-tech company that reaches out to 30 million mothers every month through our parenting website and app. Our vision is to improve the overall health of pregnant women and families in South East Asia by helping them navigate their most important moments with data-driven solutions in the form of content, community and physical products.
Headquartered in Singapore, theAsianparent has offices in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and Nigeria. Our investors include Fosun, JD.com, Vertex Ventures and others.
About the role
This role will be based in our Singapore Office and report to the Head of User Insights & Commerce Initiatives.
The primary role will be to conduct research and observe consumer behaviors including:
- Work with insight specialist to design, implement and deliver custom research solutions.
- Understand the process and function involved in quantitative market analysis with a focus on consumer behaviour trends.
- Assist in client service essentials which involves project design, research methodology, conceptualization and client management.
- Work with large, complex, unstructured data sets. Solve challenging, non-routine analysis problems, apply advanced analytical methods
- Assist in other ad-hoc assignments
What are we looking for
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics or quantitative discipline
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis
- Confident with 1+ languages: R, Python, Java
- A strong command of a cross-tabulation tool (e.g. SPSS) is a bonus.
- Have good analytical skills and detail driven - Ability to analyse and interpret data and provide actionable insights
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Good interpersonal skills. communication, team-player
What can you expect
A fast-paced environment to learn and grow in your career with a market leader with ambitious growth plans. This internship will provide you the opportunities to learn about assessing consumer behavior, turning data into quantifiable sound results and become a well-rounded consumer insight professional. Dynamic and supportive work culture. A passionate team of people working tirelessly to help women across South East Asia and beyond.