Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
The Early Intervention for Children (EIC) Services helps equip children with motor, communication, social, self-help and cognitive skills. THK EIC involves structuring classes around small groups encompassing early childhood special education, social work and therapy support services to stimulate their adaptive functioning and school readiness skills.
Reports to: Head of Social Work Department / Assistant Director
Supervised by: Senior Social Worker / Head of Department
Interrelationships: Social Work Associate/Assistants, professional colleagues, clients and families
Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, bio- psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, and educational information as appropriate to develop a comprehensive case plan. The Social Worker maintains professional relationships with service users, acting as a guide, a support, an advocator and intermediary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake and write up assessments (reviewed by the Senior Social Worker) that meet specified standards and timescales;
- Conduct interviews with service users and their families to assess and review their situation
- Offer information and counselling support to service users’ families;
- Organise and manage packages of support to enable children and their families to lead the fullest lives possible;
- Recommend and sometimes make decisions about the best course of action for a particular child and their family;
- Liaising with and make referrals to other agencies;
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings;
- Maintain accurate records, update records and prepare reports for reporting to governing agencies and government mean-testing application;
- Participate in internal and external training, supervision and team
Minimum Degree or Post Graduate Qualifications in Social Work from recognised institutions
2 to 3 years of experience working with families and children preferred