Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
The Early Intervention Programme for Infants & Children (EIPIC) division helps equip children with motor, communication, social, self-help and cognitive skills. THK Development Support and Learning Support Programme (THK DS-LS) is a community-based intervention programme for K1 and K2 children with mild learning needs. We provide short-term support to children in their preschools in order to optimise their learning as well as increase their participation and integration in daily classroom activities and routines.
Reports to the Senior Social Worker, and/or DS-LS Programme Manager.
- Work onsite to perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls, mailing and filing of documents, collection of school fees and weekly bank-ins
- Participate in Case Filter Meetings, take notes and maintain good record keeping
- Assist with scheduling of cases for professionals who are working with child
- Maintain accurate records, prepare reports for governing agencies, collate information and submit government means-test applications
- Follow up with parents, hospitals and preschools on necessary documents for submission. This may include travelling to different preschools in the Central and Central-South region of Singapore
- Assist with audit preparations such as checking of files
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimally O levels, with extensive years of working experience / A Levels
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in SSAs preferred, fresh graduates may apply
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Team player, meticulous and have good administrative skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to meet deadlines on a tight schedule
- Have some understanding of the diverse cultures and races