Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
Executive, Finance (Pioneer)
The Early Intervention for Children (EIC) Services helps equip children with motor, communication, social, self-help and cognitive skills. THK EIC involves structuring classes around small groups encompassing early childhood special education, social work and therapy support services to stimulate their adaptive functioning and school readiness skills.
Reporting to Senior Manager (Finance), the key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Raising Purchase Requisitions
- Processing Vendor Payments and Monthly Staff Claims
- Monthly Billing to Clients and Fee Collection
- Keying in of AR, AP and GL Entries
- Monthly, Quarterly and Year End Closing Activities (e.g. Journals, Accruals, Reconciliations)
- Maintaining Accounts Schedules
- Close monitoring and following up on Outstanding Fees
- Fixed Assets Counting and Record Keeping
- Attending to Internal and External Auditors’ queries
- Acting as cover for Finance Colleagues during leave of absence
- Any other ad-hoc matters
- Diploma in Accountancy from a local polytechnic / GCE N / O levels
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Pro-active in following up and resolving issues
- Disciplined and committed a with strong sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Independent as well as a good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- MS Excel skills