The Software Practice is a technology development firm that builds software for clients and its own business. Our core strength is in developing large and complex web and mobile applications by architecting and implementing robust, scalable and performant software.
We started our firm working with entrepreneurs who brought expertise in specific industry verticals but required a technical team that could help them realise their product ideas. We partnered with them as their product teams helping them build their MVP, talk to customers and refine the product, raise money, and even hire their in-house tech teams while remaining as consultants.
Now, our work spans across both public and private sectors where we've done several CTO-for-hire and product-team-for-hire gigs for entrepreneurs and enterprises looking to move fast. Our clients range from small start-ups looking to build and launch their product from scratch, to large enterprises (e.g. Government Agencies in Singapore such as DSTA, NEA, A*STAR and PUB) requiring innovative solutions in critical business workflows. Our enterprise clientele includes some of the largest SE Asian banks, Fortune 500 IT firms and one of Asia’s largest airports.
Our culture is results-driven that values execution and creativity. You'll get a lot of ownership over your deliverables, and we trust you to ship high quality products on time. You will be part of a high performing cross functional team where you get to witness the direct impact of your work - seeing applications go live and seeing real-world usage.
- Work with the leadership team to understand and execute talent acquisition and retention strategy based on needs of different business units. You’d have to build and manage talent pipelines (particularly for software engineering roles) in several countries in Asia and South East Asia.
- Partner with top engineering universities for hiring interns and fresh graduates.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition system for different roles across different regions (including job posting, screening, interviewing and taking the applicants through the hiring process).
- Devise and implement strategies to attract talent (events such as hackathons, sponsorship opportunities etc).
- Evaluate and maintain HR systems and policies related to performance management, employee relations, onboarding, offboarding and compensation related activities.
- Maintain knowledge of best trends and practices in human resources and talent management, and propose policies to senior management.
- Articulate and market TSP company values to potential employees.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Science, Human Resource Management, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Fresh graduates with excellent academic and co-curricular activity records are welcome.
- Proficiency in Talent Acquisition software.
- Experience in start-up and tech companies i.e. hiring for tech roles, is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- We prefer candidates who can commit to a minimum of 20 weeks for the internship.
- Candidates with outstanding performance may be offered a full-time position upon graduation.