The Social Space is a multi-concept social enterprise that features a café and fair-trade retail space that all promote a greater awareness for sustainability, low-waste, conscious living and inclusive employment. We aim to raise the bar for the social enterprise industry in Singapore and inspire social-impact champions in all that we do so as to create an economy for good. We currently have 2 outlets at Kreta Ayer Road and DUO Galleria.
We are looking for Retail, Events & Marketing interns to join our team! You will be assisting the Retail & Marketing team in all aspect of retail operations, sourcing, planning and coordinating our workshops and events, as well as our marketing and business development efforts, all surrounding the theme of sustainability and eco-consciousness. With plenty of real-life experience up for grabs, this opportunity will put you right in the heart of the bustling #socialenterprise scene. This role requires the candidate to be resourceful, independent and extremely creative.
This position is part of the Youth Corps Community Internship (YCCI), a 5-6 month developmental programme by the National Youth Council, where you will also get an opportunity to attend Skills Training, Career Explorations, Learning Journeys and also serve the community. This programme enables youths to continue their development through on-the-job-training and learning experiences within the sector and contribute back to society.
Interested to learn more about life behind the scenes at The Social Space. Click here to hear more about the experiences of our past interns and staff.
Main duties include:
- Including tracking inventory and fulfilment of online and corporate orders
- Managing our e-commerce platform, including creating and managing product listings
- Assist with customer enquiries and cashiering duties at the physical outlets
- Set up and maintain visual merchandising displays
- Assist in marketing and social media efforts to spread awareness on our own social mission, as well as the causes supporting by our amazing partners.
- Helping to plan and create simple Instagram posts and reels
- Assist in event planning, execution and brainstorming
- Manage RSVP for guest list for events
- On-site set up and coordination with vendors/clients
- Assist in general operational and administrative tasks
- Passion for social and environmental causes
- Very pro-active and a multi-tasker
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and drive results
- Team player who is resourceful and great with problem solving
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position requires a 5-day work week, including one weekend.