- Sodexo Services Asia Pte Ltd
- Water & Energy Intern
- Date Listed
- 12 Jan 2018
- Job Type
- Freelance / Project, Internship / Contract, Part-time / Temporary ( Entry Level / Junior Executive, Experienced / Senior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 4 Months
2 Fusionopolis Way
- Allowance /
- $1,000 - 1,500 monthly
- Engineering / Technician
- Construction / Engineering
- Company Profile
Sodexo provides camp services and infrastructure to meet different business objectives (i.e. explo-ration, construction, production), serving resident populations ranging from small to very large (from less than 100 to more than 10,000) for short to long durations. Depending on the client’s requirements, the number and level of services provided at the different types of camp can vary widely. Regardless of the specific service solution implemented at a camp, all camps need water and power to operate.
As part of its Engineering and Construction and Overseas Military Forces projects, the global seg-ment Energy and Resources (E&R) Engineering and Construction Projects (ECP) is launching a study to better understand water and energy solutions at camps and remote sites. The outputs from the study are intended to be able to serve as a reference to document qualitative and quantitative technical operational data and information that will help our technical and sales teams to build new offers and serve as guidance for our operational teams to operate projects.
- Job Description
The study will primarily be focused on reference sites representing a range of geographies, climatic conditions, sub-segments, and site population. This study has two main objectives:
(1) To improve the ability of our teams at the bid / solution design stage to estimate water and energy solution requirements to deliver our services. The expected outcome is a deliverable that sets out qualitative and quantitative water and energy solution requirements for each service at camps at different geographies, climate, altitude, etc., along with relevant ratios (e.g. per person, per meal, per area, etc.).
(2) To make design recommendations for safe, efficient, and sustainable management of water and energy during operations. The expected outcome is a useful set of guidance documents defining minimum standards and key processes and procedures for water and energy management at remote sites globally.
Together, these deliverables will form a robust global framework which can be further developed to meet the needs of our teams as well as those of our clients. The proposed approach and methodology, resource planning, and implementation schedule are presented in the following sections.
§ Engineering background, preferably with water and/or energy expertise
§ Mission for 4-5 months
§ Good analytical skills and problem solving
§ Good written/oral communication skills
§ Good multi-cultural skills
§ Proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
§ Fluent in English
§ Willing to travel