The Singapore Red Cross Society is part of a world-wide, non-political, non-religious movement that commits its work on the fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
As an independent humanitarian organisation, we raise our own funds in serving humanity and in furthering the work of the Red Cross locally and internationally.
We are dedicated to protecting human life and dignity, reliving human suffering and responding to emergencies.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision of Serving Humanity and Saving Lives.
To assist Partnerships & Development department in event management and administrative support from Jan - Jun 2020.
Administrative support and logistic coordination for pre-actual-post event-related matters of PD fundraising event including but not limited to SRC Benefit Gala, Diplomatic Evening, Soiree Cinematics, Year End Carnival and all 3rd party fundraiser events that PD is involved in etc. Intern main event portfolio will include Soiree Cinematics and year end carnival but will also be involved in events that the department are organising and/or involved in.
- To conduct outreach to prospective sponsors via emails, calls and any other form of communication to secure donation in kind and partnership opportunities on a daily basis.
- To support manpower requirement (call for volunteers) for all internal and external events that PD organises and take part in.
- Facilitate external parties enquiries on fundraising related matters.
- To source and develop new fundraising platforms and channel for SRC programmes and events.
- Coordinate internal liaison with various SRC department (e.g MVD / RCY / CCM etc).
- To support and facilitate the coordination and training of event volunteers (Pre-actual-Post) to support department needs.
- Support PD events before and after office hours (weekend may be applicable at times) when necessary.
- Opportunities to plan and manage fundraising events under SRC umbrella.
- Any other matter as delegated by Head, Partnerships & Development.
- Studying in tertiary institution preferred. Open to students awaiting entry to University or further studies. Open to students from JC and ITE as well.
- Experience (not a must to have all):
- Planning & organising of events
- Customer service or account management
- Volunteer Management
Additional skills and knowledge
- Ability to work with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, MS Office and other office related software;
- Experience of working or volunteering in a Charity;
- Fundraising experience;
- Is self-motivated, pro-active, resourceful and innovative;
- Organised and able to work with minimum supervision when required;
- Open and able to relate well to people at all levels.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Type: Social Assistance / Non-Profit
Pros: - Being a part of the Red Cross movement - Opportunities for exposure to international humanitarian work - Learning about disaster relief and world issues
Cons: - Biased and unhealthy work environment due to inappropriate leadership - Lack of proper communication within organisation - Lack of proper management of fundings - Lack of relevance to local community