At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
The group belongs to the SSDC firmware & software engineering group located in The Shugart. The team works closely with our Seagate global subsystem group on feature development, technology staging, and feature integration during product development.
About the role – you will:
- Firmware/software development in the area to improve drive performance and capture statistic data for analysis.
- Opportunity to work together with various groups (Dataflow, Performance, LLRW, Power, SOC ) for projects.
- Working with other HDD functional groups on technology/feature staging and hardware feature validation for future products
- Debug hardware issues during code development
- Support FA activities related to firmware issues.
- Life long learner, willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Enjoy development work on embedded software development together with other hardware teams.
- Problem solver and team player. Able to collaborate with other teams for cross-functional and cross-site development.
- Able to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively through written and verbal communications.
Your experience includes:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or other Engineering majors
- Knowledge / Experience in code development of real-time embedded systems
- Knowledge of Firmware development cycle and tools (compilers, linkers, emulators, traces, and version control) is a plus.
- Good documentation, presentation, and communication skills
- Statistical analysis skill
- Programming skill in one or more languages such as C, C++, assembly, Python, etc
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Related Job Searches:
Firmware Intern, Firmware & Software Engineering Development
IT / Information Technology
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical