At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About Our Group
Material Science Lab is part of the Research and Development facilities located in Shugart building. The function of the lab is to (1) ensure products readiness for contamination/robustness by performing components level material, coating and adhesive selection and qualification for new products, (2) perform failure analysis on the drives that failed different designed reliability or functional tests, etc. to help in improving the cleanliness/material/coating/adhesive robustness, (3) perform drives failure analysis to all pre-launch and post launch (e.g. customers’ returns) drives to help in resolving and improving drives quality.
About the Role – You will:
To focus on GC/MS related project on
- Component Outgassing/Extraction method development and data collection Air Sampling via GC/MS Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometer) Disc Rinse Analysis using GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometer)
- Learn how to operate and calibrate Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometer
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry (Science), Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Preferable with prior experience of GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometer) Analysis Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- Knowledge in Chemistry / Materials Science fields Self-motivated, independent and a team player with strong analytical skills Bachelor or Master student and/or equivalent experience
You May Also Have:
- Has experience in running lab equipment-based project
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Related Job Searches:
Engineering Analysis – Material Science Engineering Intern
Sciences / Laboratory / R&D
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical