At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential. Since 1979, we have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 30,000+ creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the United Kingdom, Singapore, India, China, and beyond.
About our group:
Seagate Research Group conducts research to transform Seagate’s considerable technical expertise, innovation, and manufacturing excellence to develop innovative technologies for the rapidly growing datasphere. Data Storage and Memory Devices research explore novel data storage technology at device and systems level and create proof-of-concept (PoC) for the fast-growing datasphere and further exploring device innovations at micro/nano scale that leverage Seagate core competencies.
About the role - you will:
- The Electronics Embedded Engineer Intern will work closely with our team of experienced engineers to design, develop, and test electronic systems and components for various projects.
- The intern will participate in the full product development cycle, from ideation and design to prototyping, testing, and deployment.
- The role requires a strong foundation in electrical engineering principles and hands-on experience with embedded systems and microcontrollers.
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for learning and be willing to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design, develop, and test electronic systems and components
- Participate in the entire product development cycle, from ideation and design to prototyping, testing, and deployment
- Develop firmware for microcontrollers, including debugging and testing
- Design and develop embedded software applications using programming languages such as C and PythonAssist with hardware design, testing, and debugging
- Work with schematic capture and PCB layout tools to design and create PCBs
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback on hardware and software design
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate electronics and software components into larger systemsStay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends in electronics and embedded systems
Your experience includes:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Strong foundation in electrical engineering principles
- Experience with microcontrollers, embedded systems, and firmware development
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C and Python
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools preferred
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and testing
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skillsStrong communication and collaboration skillsAbility to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
The Shugart site (named after Seagate’s founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT Station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Related Job Searches:
Embedded Electronics Engineer - Intern
Manufacturing General / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical