REC Group is an international pioneering solar energy company dedicated to empowering consumers with clean, affordable solar power through high-quality solar panels with a leading power density. As Solar’s Most Trusted, REC is known for its patented innovations and multiple award-winning products with reliable long-term performance. The cornerstone for REC’s strong reliability is advanced and highly efficient manufacturing using Industry 4.0 practices. Founded in 1996 in Norway, REC has always been committed to a low carbon footprint in its solar materials and panels. REC is headquartered in Norway with operational headquarters in Singapore and regional hubs in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. As of December 2021, REC is part of Reliance Industries Limited, India’s largest private sector company with revenues of USD 104.6 billion.
Find out more at recgroup.com
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, hands-on leader for the role of Manager, Operations Excellence.This role will be leading a group of high-level individual contributors with accountability for the operations excellence initiatives for the operations division.
The main tasks will be to engage and influence senior management, managers and other exempt/non-exempt staff on RBS, deploy/implement RBS principles, systems, tools and techniques to drive Operational Excellence / Continuous Improvement, across all levels in the organization. Lead, coach and facilitate improvement teams on problem solving. You will be a change agent to spread RBS, Lean, Six Sigma and systematic problem-solving culture.
The successful candidate will also be deployed on short to mid-term stints in our expansion projects overseas. As a Lean Six Sigma expert, this individual will coordinate the planning of workstream activities related to production workflows and 4M considerations of the new factories.
He/she will also organize and plan resources to develop, coach team members for the next level competencies and job responsibilities for succession planning.
- Understanding of market forces in this highly dynamic industry using the outside-in approach and provide the next 2-3 years business roadmap to drive the organization.
- Engage in constant communication with the Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Procurement and R&D for all Business Plans, Cost Scenario studies based on event triggers in the PV industry or socio-political factors .
- Ability to provide and evaluate modeling options that enable an optimal cost of operation and balanced scorecard for key indices.
- Provide business case support to Corporate Strategy and Finance groups by analyzing CapEx and OpEx spending and gains analysis through total cost of ownership (TCO), Return of Investment (ROI) payback and Net Present Value (NPV).
- Product Mix optimization for various Capacity and Capital Expenditure Scenarios.
Operations Excellence and REC Business Systems (RBS)
- Drive RBS culture building, systems development and implementation in overall Operations through trainings and leading/coaching improvements projects and workshops.
- Lead / Coach / Facilitate Improvement Projects - Drive factory initiatives to identify, implement and maintain sustainable improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Productivity.
- Drive a sustainable Cost Reduction Program through the Annual Manufacturing Analysis Workshop
- Organize, influence and align operations, plant leaders in the Annual Strategic Goals Workshop to outline the workplan for the financial work year.
- Drive the RBS 4M programs - ICCM (In Control, Capable and Maintain), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), SFM (Shop Floor Management), MMS (Material Management System) programs and initiatives with relevant organization stakeholders. This will be done through training, coaching and working with the functional operations team.
- Drive Value Stream Mapping and improvements. Lead VSM and implement business impactful initiatives to improve organization key value streams.
- Be a great change agent and drive changes/improvements to successful completion
- PhD / Masters / Degree Holders in Engineering or related fields of work
- 10 years relevant working experience in Management in an operational manufacturing industry
- Proven track records in successfully leading a team in achieving significant results for the organization
- Strong communication skills
Kindly note that only applications submitted via the given job link will be considered. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified