Rakuten, Inc. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 4755), is one of the world’s leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal & media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide. For more information, visit global.rakuten.com/corp/about/.
Rakuten Web Search (RWS) is very important brand in Rakuten ecosystem. RWS is a group of products that provide search and advertising services to users in Japan.
As a software engineer intern, you will work with a team to develop and improve our Web Application.
• Search Result Page [PC, Mobile]
• Web Search Top Page (Portal page)
• Advertisement system
• Toolbar Extensions and other client applications
• Business Administration Tool
• Android / iOS Application
• KPI Report Batch Program
• Incentive System etc
• Be engaged in the whole process of Web, API and mobile application development.
• Design and develop using Java technology (e.g. Tomcat, Spring framework, MyBatis), and relational database, KVS. Also, learn to work with Android and iOS Native development.
• Understand business needs and user behavior, and propose system improvement.
• Always improve the code and system spontaneously by writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Finish allocated tasks with good quality and on time.
• Understanding of Java.
• Some experience in popular java frameworks e.g. Spring Framework, ORM (Hibernate, MyBatis), Apache libraries.
• Some experience in frontend framework (React JS, Angular JS, Grunt)
• Experience in general web technologies (e.g. Linux OS, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, KVS).
• Familiarity with source control using Git.
• Basic knowledge of secure programming and best practices.
• A “can-do” attitude towards change and ambiguity.
• Ability to effectively managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, meet timelines by self-managing tasks at hand.
• Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically.
• Ability to work in fast moving
• Experience in Java 1.8.
• Experience in Mobile Application development using Objective C, Kotlin or Swift programming languages.
• Bachelor/master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related area.
• Must have sense of ownership for allocated tasks and items.
• Must be comfortable working in diversified/multi culture environment.
• Must be comfortable working with senior and junior level colleagues in various cultures.
• Must be highly collaborative and must be a team player.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.