At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for exceptional people who live by our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognize the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The successful intern will gain first-hand experience of working in a leading global real estate fund manager. They will be working with the Acquisitions team on a range of projects.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Delivers quality service and product to customers and stakeholders
- Focuses on quality of delivery to achieve clear outputs within guidelines and precedent
- Runs the organisation's processes and systems following pre-defined procedures
- Adapts to change, responds with initiative and make suggestions for improvements to own work and processes
Key Responsibilities for this role:
The successful candidate is expected to assist the Acquisitions team with:
- Sourcing of data and information;
- Producing analysis and presentation materials on investment opportunities and market strategies;
- Underwriting investment/divestment opportunities;
- Assisting in the due diligence process and execution of transactions;
- Preparing investment papers, meeting minutes and reports.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who has the ability to use their own initiative.
- Keen interest in real estate investment and finance
- Demonstrate understanding in various real estate asset classes
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- A team player with ability to interact and contribute to a small team
- Lateral thinker, inquisitive, open to new ideas and enthusiastic to learn
- Good analytical skills and communication skills
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change – Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results – Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple – Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.